If you were injured or a loved one was killed in a motorcycle accident, you need a lawyer who understands the physical, financial, and legal implications of the accident and is prepared to fight to get you maximum compensation. The Chicago motorcycle accident lawyers at Cohen and Bodo, LLC focus on representing clients who have suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in a personal injury accident, including motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and truck accidents.
Contact our office at (847) 790-4246 today to learn more about how we can help you get full and fair financial recovery following a motorcycle accident.
Illinois Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The Illinois Department of Transportation offers the following alarming motorcycle accident statistics:
- There were 4,231 motorcycle accidents in Illinois in 2012. Of those, 148 were fatal motorcycle accidents.
- Motorcycle fatalities accounted for 15.5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities in 2012.
- The number of motorcyclists injured increased by 9.7 percent in 2012.
- Motorcycle accidents account for 1.5 percent of the total motor vehicle accidents in Illinois in 2012, but they accounted for 16.7 percent of the traffic fatalities and 5 percent of motor vehicle accident injuries.
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents
As evidenced by the motorcycle accident statistics listed above, motorcycle accidents are among the deadliest motor vehicle accidents on Illinois roadways. If you have lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover compensation for the following in a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Medical bills prior to decedent’s death
- Funeral expenses
- Lost wages and benefits of decedent
- Pain and suffering of decedent prior to death
- Loss of society and loss of companionship
At Cohen and Bodo, we understand that no amount of money can ever bring a loved one back or make up for the pain and grief you are feeling, but a personal injury settlement can go a long way in helping pay the bills and holding the negligent party accountable for his or her actions. Moreover, we are committed to providing our clients peace of mind during this difficult time by handling all aspects of a motorcycle accident lawsuit so that clients can focus on their emotional well-being and recovery.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Because motorcycles lack the protective barrier that other vehicles have, motorcyclists often suffer serious injuries in what may have otherwise been a relatively minor collision. While motorcycle accidents injuries vary in terms of type and severity, the following are some of the more common injuries that are sustained in motorcycle accidents:
- Spinal injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Neurological injuries
- Broken bones
- Injuries to internal organs
Contact an Illinois Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The Chicago motorcycle accident lawyers at Cohen and Bodo represent clients in Chicago, and the rest of Illinois in motorcycle accident claims and other accident and injury claims. We offer potential clients a free, no obligation consultation to discuss a possible legal claim, and we work under a contingency fee arrangement, which means that we don’t collect fees unless our clients recover compensation.
If you were injured in motorcycle accident or you lost a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident, contact our office at (847) 790-4246 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Chicago accident lawyers.